For many years Bell City Methodists and General Baptists held services in the old Masonic Hall Building with the Methodists having morning Sunday School and the Baptists having afternoon Sunday School. The worship services alternated with each church having either morning or evening services every week. In 1905 the Methodists purchased a building lot from Giles Nation and a large frame building was erected. Several years later in 1951, plans were made to build a new and much needed church building. In the spring of 1951 the Lord's Acre program began in an effort to raise money for the new building. An auction was held to sell the farm products raised on the Lord's Acre with the proceeds helping with the construction costs of the new building. Construction on the new building began on July 14, 1952 and was completed without debt as all the labor was donated. The first services in the new building were held on January 1, 1953 (what a nice way to begin the new year!). In 1976 an addition was built to the west of the existing church structure to allow for Sunday School classrooms.
Today, as in our past, we continue to be a community-minded, service-oriented church. The Bell City United Methodist Church, along with the assistance of the General Baptist Church and The A Frame Church, provide a week long community Vacation Bible School program each summer. Supporting our school system is a vital mission of our church. We offer two scholarships ($500 per semester for five years) to the graduating seniors of Bell City High School each May. The United Methodist Women host a back to school lunch for the Administration, Faculty and Staff of Bell City Schools every year in August. Our church also funds a 'back pack program' for children in the elementary school. Through this mission, we are able to provide healthy snacks in the back packs of needy children on a weekly basis.